Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break at Home




Over Spring Break I got to go home to my hometown of Central City which was a fantastic break from Lincoln. I was at home wondering what there was to do on a Thursday night at home when all of a sudden it hit me that my county's annual pancake feed was going on that night! Of course I couldn't miss that because that pancake feed had helped fund scholarships for so many graduating 4-H members like myself, so I told my friend that was visiting that we were going to go the pancake feed and that I hope that she likes pancakes.

As we were walking in I was approached by someone that worked in the extension office asking if I was staying for a while. At first I didn't know why she was asking me this but then I realized that the Country Kids 4-H club had received 4-H club of the Month and that it was March. Since I was there that they wanted me to present the award to the club, which I was more than happy to do so. :) The picture below is myself presenting the award to the one of the members while the other members are to the left of him.

After presenting the award my friend, Melissa, and I helped my younger siblings with the cake walk while we waited for the rest of my family to arrive to eat some delicious pancakes! Once everyone arrived we all had a fantastic breakfast for supper. Everyone in my family as well as my friend Melissa had a great time supporting our local 4-H program. Here is my older brother and my younger sister enjoying the pancakes.

Since this is my first year out of 4-H it was very strange just being there and not working the pancake feed. This is something that I will eventually get use to as the years go on.

Well this is just one of the fun things that occurred during Spring break and I hope that everyone has a fantastic year filled with lots of fun 4-H projects or events.

Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment